As a Licensed Building Practictioner (LBP) you:
- are listed on an online public register so consumers and potential employers can identify you as licensed
- must act competently, and should recognise when other skills are required
- are accountable to the Building Practitioners Board
- relicense every year.
To remain competent, you need to
- still be practising in an area related to your licence class
- maintain current skills and knowledge – that is, stay up to date with materials and products, current regulations, and good trade practice.
In this section
Every year, the Registrar makes contact with you about a month prior to your licence ID card expiring to ensure that you wish to remain licensed.
Update your profile
An LBP must notify the Register within 10 working days of any change to any of the information he or she has provided to the Registrar that is contained in the public register.
Suspend or cancel your licence
An LBP may suspend or cancel his or her licence(s) voluntarily.
Licence ID cards
A replacement licensed building practitioner identification card can be requested.
Use of logo
The Licensed Building Practitioners (LBP) logo is the key element of the Licensed Building Practitioners scheme.